Thursday, December 16, 2010

Many Thanks!

It's all in the way you wrap it. A simple gift that's packaged with class. 

In September of this year,  I had to have my gall-bladder removed.  I had two attacks in one week and 4 days after the second attack, surgery.  Wow!  I had no idea recovery would be so difficult.  Why am I telling you this?  Well, this project has to do with the way I wrapped my Thank you gifts for some wonderful neighbors who brought in dinner to my family while I was recovering.  What gracious people. 
I found some cute in-expensive bowls and placed a jar of home-made pineapple jalapeno jam, yummm, in the middle and surrounded it with individually wrapped life-savers.


Wrapped them in cellophane with the help of a cute little fairy!



I use pipe cleaners that I've cut in half to wrap around the cellophane to hold it and then tie the beautiful ribbon over the pipe cleaner.


May Arts has a wonderful selection of ribbons with yellow and orange combinations, so we tied them up beautiful and then made some cards to match the ribbon.

With the help of some Hero Arts stamps, embellishments and ribbon, I made them clean and simple.  Pattern punched at the bottom, then added some solid card stock behind it.  All adhesives were Glue Arts products of course.
The glue glider pro, ribbon adhesive, and extreme adhesive squares.

On this particular one I stampled directly on the ribbon.
This patterned ribbon was even more beautiful than I imagined once I had it in my hands.




Lovin' the ric rac, aren't you?








Ric rac on a plain white card, printed card stock on top and some more ric rac.  Bright and fun.








I don't have room in my house to keep every card that I've been given, but I also hate throwing them away. So, I make my cards with the note either attached with brads so they can remove it and put there own note in and reuse the card or simply just place the note inside without brads.


Who wouldn't love getting a re-useable Thank you card?  A simple gift that screams thanks all in the way I wrapped it.

AR-27,28
ER-27,28,46
MH-28
335-27
MR-28
Project made for http://www.mayarts.com/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment