Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Roses and Daisies

Hello my fellow dexterous crafters!  Are you longing for Spring to get here sooner than later?  I started craving spring as I put some of these flowers together with some gorgeous May Arts Ribbon.
Did I say gorgeous?  Yep, you got it, gorgeous!


You all know I love baskets, especially when I get them for a good deal.  Well,  I fell in love with this CD basket and  I have used them for everything but CD's.  Wink, wink!  It just so happens that they were on sale one day for $1.50 instead of $5.99. Fantabulous if you ask me.  Needless to say,  I picked up quite a few of them.  Today we'll be making some beautiful wall pieces with them. 
 I painted the baskets a beautiful chestnut color and my terra cotta pots white.

I picked a bunch of pretty artificial flowers to put in my pots.  If you haven't done arrangements before, a good friend of mine gave me a few tips.  Go on, give it a try.  You'll be pleased with what you can do.

Tip 1:  Decide what you want the focal point to be
Tip 2:  Everything else you choose to go with your focal point should not take away from you main piece
Tip 3:  Use odd numbers of things ( I thought this was a little strange, but it really works.)


Make sure you have a great pair of artificial flower snippers.  I promise the price you pay will be well worth it in the long run.  You can glue your stirofoam in the pot or just make sure it has a snug fit. 
Decide what lengths to cut each piece. The red flowers in the picture above have 3 stems coming out of one.  I cut them apart so I could use them individually instead of using them as a group.




Pushing up the foliage is another great tip when using artificial flowers.

Once the flowers and foliage are cut start sticking them in and arranging them.  You may want to bend a few or pull them out and stick them in somewhere else etc.  Don't get to picky, and stand back to take a look at if from a distance.

When I saw this ribbon on the May Arts website, I knew I had to have some.
353-15-14
I didn't know at the time what I was going to use it for, but I'm entitled to that since I'm a girl right?
It's kind of like buying a new outfit to match the flamboyant heels you knew you just couldn't live with out.

Glue the ribbon around your pot and around your basket.
Ta-dah!  There you have it.  This is the wall of my little girls room.  Bright and beautiful.  The rosette ribbon gives the baskets the perfect finishing touch.

Isn't their ribbon simply exquisite?  Yes, it is!  I just received some new ribbons and I can't tell you how excited I am for my next project. Tickled pink to be exact.

Thanks for joining me today!! 
Project made for http://www.mayarts.com/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment