Friday, June 10, 2011

As a Design Team member of May Arts, we had another blog exchange week with
 Creative Imaginations and May Arts?  These two companies make a great pair, if I do say so myself.
Check it out!
Growing up in a patriotic family, going to parades etc., and being a military wife, I have to admit I love all shades of Red, white and blue. 
I was more than excited when I received my box of Creative Imaginations goodies only to find that the papers and stickers were patriotic.  Yippee!!

I hope this project inspires you to get in the mood for Red, white and blue, Creative Imaginations ( which I know you all have, wink wink) and of course the LOVELY MAY ARTS!!
 Check out this classy ensemble of Creative Imaginations paper and stickers!  Oolala!!
 I've had these larger clothes pins, that I think are so cute and decided to make a miniature patriotic clothes line.  

I first made some adorable clothes by finding some free printable pictures on line.  I wanted them to look realistic.  Some of them I colored with water color pencils, the striped dress was a patterned piece of C.I.'s paper, and later will embellish them with some darling May Arts ribbon.
 I cut some of C.I.'s other patterned papers to fit my clothes pins and glued them on both the outside and the inside of the c.pin.

I then took some fluid chalk, ( love this stuff ) and went around the edges of the clothes pin and paper to give it a nice finished touch.  I also went over the bare wood which gave it a stained look.
 I used some mini-eyelet screws and then tied some May Arts  363-28 red twisted burlap for the clothes line.

I happen to have some mini, and I mean mini, clothes pins in red, and blue to hang the clothes with. 
 I used SM14 string burlap and stitched it with a needle on the top above.



 I used some word phrase stickers and added them to the C.I. stickers I received.
The other ribbons I used were:
AKB03 7/8" 
KB03 3/8"
RG33 3/16"
AF03 3/8"
NX01 3/8"

Thanks for joining me today!!
Ta-ta, Andrea.

No comments:

Post a Comment